Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh, Ann

Thanks to my dear friend Ann, items such as cookies and lattes have been forever altered (read: given a theme song). I guess it's my penance for completely goofifying words for her like "turkey" and "bus." With the holidays in full swing, cookies are even more prevalent at my house than usual (which is saying something, because really, my mom kind of sets the bar--which I believe is a Clark Bar). Every time I see or smell cookies in the house, I now have the following go through my head:

It's adorable, and bizarre, and funny. And if it's even possible, it's even more adorable and bizarre when Ann sings it...



That little gem entered my lexicon at Disneyworld while we were waiting for fireworks by Cinderella's Castle. Ann was waxing delicious about cookies and got that damn cucumber stuck in our heads for the rest of the night. It was totally worth it, however, because in pure Milana-esque serendipity, Jack arrived with cookies mere minutes afterward. Hot chocolate too. It truly is the most magical place on earth...

Oh, and yes, Ann knows every word. The way she sings, "'Cause I've got cookies! Three yummy cookies!" and "Be-cause it's Christmas" is hilarious. And she totally puts the lisp into the "Oh, Thanta" too... Solid gold.

Even before the word "cookie" had taken on its own enthusiastic theme song, the word "latte" was delight-ified when Ann played the following for me en route to dinner with the girls (you know, her old friends Annie and Kati... whom she was meeting for the first time).

This is also a shout out to my darling Olive from Pushing Daisies. You will be missed.



I love Kristin Chenoweth. :) But yeah, I was walking through Bed Bath & Beyond the other day and they had a latte machine that elicited some unwarranted giggles as a result of this song.

"Who 'da thought love could be so caffeinated?" Awesome. So long, Olive. I hope you find another gig that allows for singing the way Pushing Daisies did.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yay! This is the most fabulous post and it honors me that cookies and lattes could be influentially altered by me! I mean honestly - cookies and lattes are quite wonderful things. And indeed, turkeys and buses will always have a Lacy spot in my heart.