Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mad Men Yourself

Now, in spite of rave reviews from critics, I never got around to watching Mad Men. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed Man Menning myself and everyone else in the office. Even if you don't watch the show and simply want to retro-ize yourself (retro-fit?), it's a hell of a lot of fun. Go here to create your own 50's/60's avatar. :)

Now, they didn't really have my hair, so this is what I like to think I would have looked like had I lived in that era:
For those of you who know the people who work in my office, you'll be shocked by just how accurate some of these are (and totally inaccurate others are--no one in the office actually wears an eyepatch, but I defy you not to know exactly who it is). I'll just let you guess...

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7 For those of you who don't know anyone in my office, you'll just have to trust me that for the most part, these are pretty frighteningly spot on. Be forewarned, this activity will eat up a fair portion of your day, so proceed with caution.

In case you couldn't tell exactly who everyone is supposed to be, here are the answers:

#1 Jack (he weighed in on this depiction more than a little bit)

#2 Brett (I think the eyepatch really sells the look... especially at a picnic...)

#3 Ammon (my personal favorite--it really couldn't get more Ammon-y without being an actual picture of Ammon)

#4 Annie (she really does have arms, but the dark gloves kind of make them hard to see)

#5 Blair (and his lovely wife Stacey, who apparently likes to chain-smoke at 7 a.m.--we didn't actually construct Stacey, the wallpaper just happened to have a blonde woman already there for us)

#6 John (seriously, spot on. We actually chose a set of eyes that made him look less worried, lest you think we went overboard...)

#7 Ann (Ammon pointed out the neck scarf as a particularly Ann-ish quality)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Holy cow, I didn't see Brett's before! This is totally Brett. I am still floored by Ammon's picture.

Anna said...

I thought it was the blue eye shadow that was distinctively Ann.

I guess they don't have an 50's/60's avatar for me unless it was be a white man playing an Chinese woman.

Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com