Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Casting Update: Kristen Bell apparently has some pull over at Heroes...

Here's a tidbit of deliciousness that I ran across during my travels today, and I'm quite intrigued and excited! Looks like the Heroes casting couch has decided to tap the Veronica Mars well once again for new baddies...
  • Now here's a Heroes newcomer I can get behind — if only because it could offer Veronica Mars fans a very special reunion. Francis Capra, aka the toughie 'Ron (and Mars viewers) loved to hate, is joining the NBC hit this fall in the recurring role of Jesse.Who or what is Jesse? Not much (including his power) is being revealed, of course, but thus far I've found out two things: One, TV's former Weevil is playing evil, and two, his villainous storyline will find him crossing paths with Peter Petrelli.Capra's arrival of course promises to reunite him with Veronica herself, Kristen Bell, who is rumored (though not yet confirmed, drat!) to be reprising her own Heroes role this season.
  • Per Kristin: Sources confirm that Francis Capra has been cast on Heroes. I've also exclusively learned that Veronica and Weevil—I mean, Elle and Jesse, do share at least one scene. Francis Capra and Kristen Bell together again? Hallelujah! My sources tell me Francis is doing a three-episode guest arc as villain Jesse Murphy, a thug who runs with a gang of two-bit criminals. However, Jesse is more than just a meathead. He does have a power. When and where will it be deployed? You'll have to watch to see.

I would absolutely LOVE to see some Veronica/Weevil interaction again. They made for such a great pair of frienemies and both actors always bring a lot to the table. I'm hopeful that Francis Capra is doing better (I heard rumor that during the last season of VM he had had some medical issues). Given this casting news, I can only assume he's alive and well and will be sparring (or teaming?) with Elle in the coming season. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Annie said...

This might actually give me a reason to watch Heroes now!! I don't know why I didn't in the first place...hmmm...I'll have to borrow the first season from someone (I think Ben has it!) and get better acquainted with the show before the premiere of the new season in the Fall!