Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hell (read: "High School") Tag

1. Did you date someone from your school? Date? No. I did however help my friends stalk people... (You know who you are and you know who you stalked...)

2. What kind of car did you drive? No car now, no car then.

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? The whole affair was pretty mortifying, as I recall (which I don't, really--I've repressed those memories rather well, it seems). I don't think this counts as my most embarrassing moment, but it was cringe-worthy. We were all at an assembly and some poor guy on stage was delivering a comedic monologue or something. It was kind of boring, sure, but our socially inept tag-along Dallas went way too far. So this poor guy on stage is going on and on and right before it gets to the punchline, Dallas yells, "You suck!" loud enough for the whole auditorium to hear. Needless to say, it was inappropriate, mean, and completely ruined the punchline to the story. Everyone in my group slunk down in their seats and covered their faces in an "I don't know him" gesture and a collective groan arose from our row. The poor sap finished his monologue, which completely fell flat, and scurried off stage. Smooth, Dallas. Real smooth.

4. Were you a party animal? Uh, yeah, those Catch Phrase parties got out of control...

5. Were you considered a flirt? "Oh, you, hehehe!" Yeah, no.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Are those the only options? Really? Thankfully, none of the above.

7. Were you a nerd? I was on the debate team, in the Honor Society, took nothing but AP classes, and was valedictorian (although Davis High didn't really have such a distinction). You be the judge.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Does debate count? It does now. Why yes, yes I was!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Given that there's no an anti-cynicism policy (that I know of ) that's punishable by suspension or expulsion, I don't think this was ever much of a threat.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? I don't think I'd even recognize the fight song if I heard it. Let's just say debate tournaments had slightly fewer slutty cheerleaders in attendance than sporting events (annnnd therein lies the appeal).

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Ma Barker, Hyer

12. Where did you sit during lunch? My group had a designated table in the lunch room (designated by all as "the loud table"... as opposed to the "cool table"), but we went out to eat a lot of the time.

13. School mascot? Davis Dragons (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with whom? Home-com-ing?

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? What the hell kind of question is that?! Woe is the sorry soul who would actually go back and do it again. To all those who peaked in high school, may the real world have mercy on your income.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? I'm free! I'm free! That's all I remember.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I'm willing to wager sleep was on the docket.

18. Were you in any clubs? I think debate was the closest I came to an actual club... Well, that and I was the treasurer for 4H, of course.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? I have weighed within a couple pounds of my current weight since I was 16. I can still wear anything I ever wore in high school

20. Who was your prom date? This questionnaire appears to be pretty shamelessly geared toward people who weren't complete losers and I resent that! Where are questions like, "What grade were you in when you got too tall to be stuffed into a locker?" and such obvious classics like, "After breaking the curve, which would you prefer: swirlies or wedgies?" I mean seriously, who wrote this thing?

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Oh, lord no. The only appeal a reunion holds for me would be leering at others and I can do that from the comfort of my own home.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't go to class as often, start more fires, trip more cheerleaders in the hall, and take up drinking (although as far as Virginia is concerned, I've already got that last base covered).

Tag some people: Lisa and Bree

6 comments:

chucho said...

my love for you grows more and more after each post.

Ann said...

This had me rolling! I could hear every snarky comment being said aloud it my head with perfect Lacy-like clarity.

That said, I didn't tag you to put you through pain...I tagged you so that you could make me laugh. And I love to laugh!

Annie said...

Oh wow...this sent my brain careening back!! So hilarious! And yes, no one could pay me money to go back and do it all again. What a wretched time...I agree that we definitely should have spent more time tripping cheerleaders and instigating other such mayhem/arson. I mean, we did hang out in the same hall as all the stoners, so we could have pegged all our crimes on them.

Me said...

Oh yuck this is why I hate facebook sometimes I hate seeing what people from high school are STILL doing... anyway I'm so sad I don't remember the Dallas story!!!! Oh Dallas, where did you go, I'd love to know... anyway it's probably best I don't remember that!

TomKat said...

I love this post. You seriously make me laugh out loud...even at work in a super quiet office.

chucho said...

GOSSIP GIRL TONIGHT!!! GOSSIP GIRL TONIGHT!!!