Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Now Vanessa, what have we learned?

...ALWAYS listen to Blair!

Honestly. I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Dan Humphrey here, but when it comes to revenge, you really can't do any better than Blair Waldorf. Plain and simple. But no, Vanessa just had to go muck things up (but that's what Vanessas do best!). Not that I really care all that much if the Captain gets bailed out of his fraud whateverness, but I just hate to see Blair's well-laid plans go to waste. I do really enjoy that anytime anyone needs something underhanded accomplished, they always turn to Chuck or Blair. :) They are the root of all evil: Everyone knows it, and everyone loves it.

Especially me.

I was watching Gossip Girl in real time last night, so I rather unfortunately couldn't excise the commercials from my viewing. There was one commercial break that was so long it was verging on the ridiculous (seriously, Methuselah was like, "Geez, these are some long-ass commercials!") and I got so irked I asked of the TV (much to my mother's amusement), "Oh, come on! I just want to watch Blair destroy people! Is that too much to ask?!"

But, as it turns out, last night's episode was Chuck's turn to destroy people. After two weeks in a row of Blair coming out on top, it was Chuck's turn, and I was nothing but delighted to oblige. He and Blair always concoct the most marvelously twisted and complicated assassination plots and last night, each of their end games intertwined (albeit Blair didn't know that Chuck was the clockmaker in this scenario and ultimately lost out... in a manner of speaking).

That Serena has retaken control of the high school was Chuck's objective, and I cannot wait to see how it all goes down. I can see where dethroning Blair would be to his advantage, and I know he and Blair have felt that Dan has been holding Serena back all this time, so I guess I'm most interested to see how it all manifests. We have only seen glimpses of Serena the Queen Bee and I think the fireworks between her and Blair (having been dethroned and whatnot) are going to make this next story arc one for the ages. Muahahahaha! Evil Serena is already soooo much more fun than boring old, "I'm trying to be good but Dan's a douchebag" Serena. Yay! Cannot wait!

Speaking of Serena, I have to relate an exchange I had with my dear sweet mother this morning. This is the verbatim conversation we had on the way to the bus stop. I have not embellished for comedic effect...

MOM: Sooo, on Gossip Girl...
ME: Oh, here we go...
MOM [with true, unabashed incredulity]: How did S just take back the throne overnight?

Yes, ladies and probably more ladies (well, there may be a gentleman or two out there), she called Serena "S." It kind of made my morning... My mom always makes my day. That delightful query came the morning after she asked me, "What's a hulu?"

Oh, Mommy. What would I ever do for comic relief without you. ;)

1 comment:

chucho said...

What does your mom think of miniature horse-whispering? does she think it makes a man want to be a small horse?
i love your mom. my mom will be here on the 5th, i am freaking out. does your mom call me (Blair, duh) B?
please visit me at work.